[Wolves] IMPORTANT: A final word on email trimming

Jono Bacon jonobacon at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 17:37:06 BST 2004

Right,

I agree with Simon in that this email trimming
nonsense is getting old and boring to read. I am sick
and tired of reading about this on this list - it has
been discussed over and over again. I am now going to
stick on my LUGMaster hat...

This list gets a lot of traffic and we have a lot of
discussion. Don't worry about having to use a special
mail client and things, just make sure that your email
looks tidy enough. I will write up a suggestion on the
Wolves LUG site about this when I have a few minutes
this week.

In general, post responses below the quoted text.
Also, please only quote the point that you are
responding to. We don't need huge chunks of quotes
text as the archives are threaded anyway. So, with the
example discussion:

---

Hi all,

I think Sparkes has a cool beard.

I think Aq has an invisible beard.

I think Jono has the coolest beard.

Cheers,

   Mickey Mouse

---

Quote this as:

---
> I think Jono has the coolest beard.

I agree.

Cheers,

  Minnie Mouse

---

See how only the relevant chunk was quoted and no
"Cheers, Mickey Mouse" or sigs were quoted. Only quote
the sentences that you are responding to. It is also
nice to put a blank line in between the quote your
response - just so it looks easier to read.

Could everyone *please* follow this convention and we
will call an end to this boring shite about trimming
being pumped into the list.

Cheers,

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Professional Writer / Web Developer / Musician