[Wolves] The only Linux machine on a Windows network

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Fri May 7 12:10:36 BST 2004

 --- David Goodwin <david at openminds.co.uk> wrote: >
> can you also get us teh output from ifconfig on
> Linux? And route -vn

> I See your subnet mask is set to 255.255.252.0 but
> even that doesn't
> really show how you can reach the gateway which is
> on a totally
> different network.

A-ha! I just collected all of the output from route
-vn and ifconfig and having taken into account what
you and Jon said, it just didn't ring true that the
router's only address was on a different network, so I
went for a fag, scratched my head, headed to our dhcp
server and frigged with it for it's settings and there
it was:

Router: 212.219.142.129, 192.168.1.254

Did route add default gw 192.168.1.254

hit refresh in Mozilla and bingo.

Thank you all so, so much, I'm really very grateful
for your help. I'm now the coolest kid in the college.
Sorry for the wrong leads, but I was misled by
erroneous advice re the router's addresses (my boss).

> David.

Ad - as pleased as can be :)

=====
--