[Wolves] Re: Wolves Linux Advocacy

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Fri May 7 16:14:36 BST 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 15:28, smid wrote:

> Sorry for flying off topic from the list. Some might wonder why they
> should feel sympathetic towards such high
> paid contractors. Well, a lot of them are sitting at home unemployed at
> the moment, looking to see which open
> source project raises their interest....

Don't worry Smid this is more on topic than most of the stuff we
discuss.

As an unemployed contractor ;-) I'll spill my thoughts on the tax
situation.

IR35 takes away the advantage of self employment for contractors but
doesn't give them the security of employees.  If someones contract means
they need to pay tax under IR35 rules then they should automatically
become entitled to more employment benefits.

This is why I don't want to do any contracting this time around and am
starting up on my own.

>     Smid

sparkes

PS Smid, introduce yourself.  All we know is you are pissed off about
paying tax ;-)