[Wolves] Debian Distros

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Mon May 10 07:33:19 BST 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-09 at 21:55, Tim Humpherson wrote:

> Guys/Gals
>
> Did anyone know that there is a DEBIAN distros on DVD available from
> Linux Magazine, June 2004 edition?
> josette at oreilly.com
> It is a 'sarge' edition and although the magazine claims that this
> version (3.1) is soon to become 'woody' status - well, that's what the
> magazine says.
>

> It also says that it uses the JigDo installation, making it easier to
> install  - I haven't bought it yet - so, has anyone bought it yet?
> It's priced £5.99
>

> See ya soon....
>

> Kind regards,
>

> Tim.

Tim, I've got to say the email client you are using makes it really hard
to read your mails and even harder to reply to them inline.  Plus you
might want to read the terms and conditions of the program in question
and decide if you really want to use it ;-)

back to my reply

3.0rXX is woody (current stable) when sarge is stable the current stable
will be called sarge and the new testing will have a new toy story
name.  Sid is always unstable cos he is the boy who breaks new toys

Jigdo is a program that lets you make iso images out of a debian archive
either online or on dvd.  So if you install from dvd you won't ever see
jigdo.  If you decide to create iso images from the dvd using jigdo be
prepared for a long wait.

It should however have the new debian installer.  This is in the sarge
archives and is considered dam near stable for i86.

sparkes