[Wolves] G-Mail

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 12:48:18 GMT 2004

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 22:24:02 +0000, Tim Humpherson
<tim.humpherson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys, guys, all those advice, tips and opinions are all perfectly true.
>
> By personal data, I meant things like birthdays, name of dog (password
> seeking hackers can try those for starters!).
>
> What I would suggest is to use e-mail for discussions like this one,
> or any mundane fun stuff.
>
> If you really want serious e-mail, the only option you can try is the
> best encryption, ie. PGP, but then again, the best security you would
> have is to face to face with the person in the middle of the field
> with no one around, at midnight!  (That's taking too far, probably,
> but that's sometimes can happen with spooks in MI5!

Even that cannot be taken as secure with the listening devices now
available.  Plus with satellite surveillance the speakers lips could
be read....

It's enough to make anybody paranoid...in fact, we have had just this
discussion on another mailing list I am on.  A fishing list of all
things :-)))

Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street