[Wolves] ./configure errors

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 7 08:22:45 GMT 2004

 --- Peter Oliver <p.d.oliver at mavit.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Mo Awkati wrote:
>
> > Everytime I run ./config I get the following
> error:
> >
> > checking for libz... configure: error: not found.
>
> It's this you're after: http://www.gzip.org/zlib/
>
> However, you already have it.  What you need are the
> extra files used
> during compilation, typically contained in a package
> called zlib-devel or
> similar.
>
> --
> Peter Oliver

Thanks Peter I have managed to sort it! :-) My very
first ./configure, make, make install!!! It was the
GIMP from the LXF DVD. Its a shame when I installed it
realised that it is a development version rather than
version 2.0. I downloaded v2.0 and tried to install,
it needed some more libs and stuff so I stopped. But
it has been a very good learning experience.

Cheers

Mo