[Wolves] Ubuntu trials

squire triG wolves at trig.org.uk
Tue Nov 9 16:11:13 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 16:04 +0000, sparkes wrote:

> nope.  These things need mantainance that never gets done :-(

what about if each user were responsible for their own account/profile?

> it would be good if when people got hardware working on a distro they
> went to the distro suppliers site and recorded the fact.

I agree on this, but some suppliers wont pay attention..
> ubuntu has got a hardware compatability list on it's wiki so it's easy
> to add new hardware results.

yeah I have seen, but I was talking about a group wiki.. Every user in
the LUG, has a profile, submits their hardware spec by answering a few
simple questions or adding their own hardware if the answer isnt there..
In turn this would create a report which is searchable for users..
Nothing like this is really available yet.. Cmon sparkes, think about
the possibility of such a app

--
trig <wolves at trig.org.uk>

www.trig.org.uk