[Wolves] Plone website for WolvesLUG?

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Thu Nov 11 21:45:31 GMT 2004

Schwuk wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 18:22 +0000, Katherine Goodwin wrote:
>
>>comments?
>

> Good luck.
>
> I had repeated requests for a CMS on the Cumbria LUG site so that people
> could contribute. When I finally did implement one (Textpattern), no-one
> (apart from myself and Russ/avantman42) contributed anything!

previously this was the case for Wolves LUG.

that's why I poo poo'd the suggestion to use to use a different CMS a
few weeks back.

Plone sites tend to grow more organically than nuke type sites so they
don't look so abandoned.  That's why I am supporting this suggestion.

The final say has to be with jono and aq who are hosting the site at
bytemark.  The cpu time is theirs and plone uses a lot more resources
than the current site.  But nobody can ask jono why the next meeting
date is two months old when they have access to update it ;-)

sparkes