[Wolves] Newbie

Jono Bacon jono at jonobacon.org
Fri Nov 12 00:04:07 GMT 2004

Adam Sweet wrote:

>Hi Derek :)
>
>You're welcome of course to attend a meeting whenever
>you like and will probably get hassled by everyone
>here if you don't.
>
>There is a bar in the Standard, though it's not cheap,
>but their license allows us to take out own drinks, so
>Sainsburys it is.
>
>As for beginners well everyone here was one once. Even
>though I've been on this list for around 4 years I
>still think of myself as a relative beginner. A lot of
>people here have been doing what they're doing for a
>long, long time, but there are also as many of us who
>haven't so don't be intimidated and don't be afraid to
>ask a question. The only dumb question is the one you
>don't ask.
>
>Welcome aboard :)

Well put Adam. :)

Welcome to the LUG Derek, and we look forward to seeing you at a meeting
soon. We are a pretty social and easy going LUG, and although we often
go for stretches of an evenign without hardcore Linux discussion, the
social proceedings are typically interspersed with bouts of technical
discussion. Don't feel odd about your level of knowledge - we all
started somewhere.

I won't be at the next LUG as I am away in Europe, but I suspect we will
be having our christmas bash (always a fun event) on the 15th Dec - that
seems the best date in Dec for the party.

Just remember to go into the back room at The Standard when you come
along. :)

    Jono

--
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Writer / Journalist / Consultant / Developer