[Wolves] Newbie

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 16:01:48 GMT 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:12:43 +0000, Derek <derek.gandy at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
> My names Derek I have been lurking on the list for a while and I thought
> it's about time I made my presence known.
> I have been using Mandrake for about 12 months dual booting with win2k
> though Linux is now the main os, I intend to come to a meet soon as I
> only live 10mins walk
> from the Standard.
> I only have two things to say please don't laugh at my lack of knowledge
> and this might be a daft one is there a bar in the Standard if not
> Sainsburys here I come.
>
> Regards Derek

Hi Derek.  I'm more of a newbie than yourself as you have been lurking
for a lot longer than I have been posting :-)

As for learning and knowledge.  Well, my view is that we should never
stop learning.  It's good not to get complacent either as there are
many different ways of doing things in Linux and a newcomer just might
have quicker and better way than the one you are using at the moment.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street