[Wolves] FC3 and yum

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Nov 15 16:46:28 GMT 2004

Hi All

For anyone that has installed FC3 they have changed yum, I dont know all the
ins and outs surfice to say there is now an extra folder yum.repos.d this is
where you put the repo file.

I couldnt get my head round it so a kind guy called Paul Howarth sent me this
(you might find it helpful)

Freshrpms:

rpm -Uvh
http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/3/freshrpms-release/freshrpms-release-1-1.fc.fr.noarch.rpm

This will install the FreshRPMs GPG key and repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d for
you. Simple!

Dag:

If you don't already have Dag's GPG key installed:
rpm --import http://dag.wieers.com/packages/RPM-GPG-KEY.dag.txt

Then, create a file /etc/yum.repos.d/dag.repo

[dag]
name=Dag RPM Repository for Fedora Core $releasever
baseurl=http://apt.sw.be/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

--