[Wolves] Red Hat Enterprise Server

Simon Burke simon.burke at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 18:44:51 GMT 2004

On 19 Nov 2004 14:21:06 -0000, matthewrevell.3247378 at bloglines.com
<matthewrevell.3247378 at bloglines.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> What do you think of Red Hat Enterprise Server 3? Newsforge has
> an article about Solaris and keeps talking of RHELES3 as tho' it were a bit
> naff.

I have a copy of RHES 3.0 at home and it seems ok, bloated but ok, on
5 or 6 cd's i forgot which, with a full install of around 6gb.

Im not a fan of servers having GUI's, it seems a waste of
resources,but gnome does look pretty good on it.

 I'm not a huge RH fan infact I've heard it refered to as 'dead rat'
in another list (i think it was a BSD list)

--
Theres no place like ::1

Thanks,
SimonB