[Wolves] AOL or BT?

Jayne Heger jayneheger at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 17:59:11 GMT 2004

hello Jono,

Hope you are well and happy!

Never used AOL so I can't comment on that but I use ADSL and am with
ClaraNet. I have been with Claranet for years, I was on their dial up
service before I moved to their ADSL and they are extremely reliable.
I also haven't yet had one spam to my Claranet address!  :-)
They are more expensive than other ISP;s. I pay £29.99 a month but the
reliablity is important to me,
It is a 512K downstream
256K upstream
I use an ethernet router, you can choose any one you like (they say
for the home ADSL it should be a modem, but it doesn't matter what you
choose really)

they also have no problem with you running servers and have no
bandwith caps (nothing in their T&C, or if so its very, very, high
one)
they are more business oriented than most other ISPs, BTW

And most importantly they are Linux friendly, they don't support it
but I know one of the LinuxChix girls works there and she answers a
lot of support questions in their ClaraNet UNIX/Linux newsgroup.

I don't work or have any business relations with Clara by the way.
This is my own observations and opinions,

Jayne

Their URL is
www.clara.co.uk