[Wolves] List Stats

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Nov 24 12:32:05 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 24 November 2004 11:58, Barbie wrote:

> > I wanted it to give say the total number of mail clients used, under
> > my script it read every mail as 1 and so recorded them as 1 mail
> > client thus giving a false amount of mail clients used i.e I use
> > KMail 1.7.1 if I send 5 mails then under my script the report would
> > have said 5 KMail 1.7.1 which isn't true the report should read;
> >
> > 5 Mails
> > 1 KMail 1.7.1
>
> Ah right. In that case mine does the same as yours. I'll have a look at
> changing that and logging slightly differently.

Yeah if I could have sorted that then I would have produced;

20 TOP POSTERS
58 Joe Bloggs
44 Jim Bloggs
22 Sam Bloggs
15 Sue Bloggs

20 TOP SUBJECT
18 Mobile Phones
15 Ubantu
1  Fedora Core :-0

ALL MAIL CLIENTS
1 KMail 1...
1 Mozilla 5.....
2 Evolution ......

This would then be correct as Joe uses KMail Jim uses Mozilla and Sam & Sue
use Evolution. I did think about listing the ISP used but I'm sure the more
paranoid wouldn't be happy about that although info wise it would give a very
rough idea of the most popular ISP.

There is of course one other bit of info that would be fun, OPERATING SYSTEM
USED but that would require members to log that within the header and again I
don't think people would do it or be happy if that was a requirement of
membership.

Maybe Jono or some other cleaver thing could put a web survey form up on the
forum site to get an overview of who's using what then me old mate Sparkes
can say "See I told you Debian was more popular" if I remember right
membership is over a 100 people now so thats a healthy user group to survey
-- purely interest no ulterior motives.

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.