[Wolves] Fame at Last for Ade

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 00:46:50 GMT 2004

Stuart Langridge wrote:

> Andy Wootton wrote:
>
>>  As an employee of a certain power company, I can't afford to be
>> associated with the foul-mouthed anarchists of LUG Radio.
>
> Hey! I'm not an anarchist.

Sorry, I didn't tell the full story. I sent a transcript of your
comments to a good guy (non-techie) who I thought might be able to make
the right things happen quickly. He said that he couldn't use it because
Jono had said "hack". I Googled for the definition of 'Hacker' in The
Jargon File by way of explanation and fell foul of our web filtering
myself. Trust me, we're all anarchists; otherwise we'd be using those
nice Microsoft operating systems like normal people do.

I realised on re-reading the transcript that the humour didn't come
across at all. You did actually sound quite dangerous. I left him trying
to clean up your act so you sounded like the kind of potential customers
we would be prepared to accept money from.

> And, as V told us, anarchy means "without leaders", not "without
> order". I'm all in favour of leaders, though, if I get to be one of
> them...
>
> Aq.

You'll have to ask Bill about that once we've all given in and he's in
charge of everything.

Woo