[Wolves] Linux and CAD type programs

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 13:55:37 GMT 2004

Unless you are an angler you may not know what I'm looking for, but
here goes.  Is there a program - obviously for Linux - whereby I can
see the relation between the thickness of a material and the amount of
curvature it goes through when under pressure?  Think of a fishing rod
bending.  I've been asked to make one out of split cane.  In order to
do it properly I need to work out the thickness of the cane all along
its length.  With a fishing rod it is not merely a case that it bends
I also have to think about where the bend starts, tip or middle
section.  So I think I am looking for some type of CAD program.  It
must be a graphical output not just mathematical.

Any ideas?
--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer