[Wolves] Another Ubuntu switch

Rob Annable rob.annable at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 19:57:22 GMT 2004

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 19:47:40 +0000 (GMT), Peter Oliver
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, Simon Burke wrote:
>
> > I agree that the partitioning part is a bit confusing, especially if
> > you intend to duel boot
>
> Dual boot.  There's no violence involved in selecting which OS loads :-)
>
> --
> Peter Oliver

There will be soon if I don't find a distro that is pain free. I
solved last weeks MBR problem, this week it's duel/dual boot that is
giving me grief. Ubuntu is ignoring the Windows partition and doesn't
include it as an option in Grub.

Also, while we're on the Ubuntu pros/cons list, I've also found that
it doesn't read FAT partitions properly. Having asked it to mount a
couple of partitions that I want to share between OSs, it doesn't read
the contents of the drives correctly - folders just read as zero k and
you can do nothing with them. Weird.

I'm digging the clean lines and the latte brown, but other than that...

*starts looking for SuSE disk, puts on fencing mask ready to duel*

Rob

--
http://rob.annable.co.uk