[Wolves] Free .info domains?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Nov 30 13:35:07 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 13:19, fizzy wrote:

> It seems that they try and make you sign up to mailing
> lists, and they try and auto-renew the domains for
> you.   Having disabled auto renew and got out of the
> mailing lists I'm sorted, just need to find something
> to do with ten random .info domains I now own!

Hmm, As soon as I saw the bit in their terms & conditions about
pre-registering your credit card I stopped the proceedings.

I tried 10 different variations before I found a .info that was available at
first I thought "Thats the con" there is no free .info but I was wrong, I
don't like sites that say "We need your credit card details before we can
proceed"

I purchased some stuff from Amazon a couple of months ago and obviously had to
use my credit card my wife offered to buy me some RHCE training books for
Christmas so I went back on to Amazon expecting to be able to use the wife's
card but no, I didn't have to do anything other than click through the
shopping trolley no info appeared about my card or even what card to use just
a mail saying thanks for the order.

Now thats worrying I know someone would need my log-in details but if you set
up your browser to automatically log you in and your equipment gets nicked
what a bonus! go on the net and rob the poor saps credit card as well.

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk