[Wolves] Incorrect map drive sizes

Wayne morris wayne at machx.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 15:18:52 BST 2004

>> Worked out whats going on here : the 80gb drive is actually mounted in
>> the /var/html/www/ directory - and /var is only a 250mb partition with
>> 7mb free,
>> so the winzoze box is seeing the size of /var rather than the actual
>> drive. Anyway round this?
>
> What are you sharing? "/var"?  Try sharing "/var/html/www" instead.
>
> Also, Samba has an option for lying about the size of a given share, "max
> disk size".  Worth investigating.
>
> --
> Peter Oliver

Mmm 'Nail on head' probably, though I haven't tried it yet - makes a lot of
sense.

80gb drive is actually mounted as

/var/www/html/machx/html/80gbdrive

and the share is actually

/var/www/html/machx/html/

and the network drive thus actually //webserve/html/80gbdrive and thus
reports the size of /var

You are a star Peter, completely unlike the argumentative exterior you try
to cultivate ;-)

Thanks Wayne