[Wolves] KDE 3.2 gone really slooow

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 8 20:58:19 BST 2004

 --- Jayne Heger <jayneheger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone any ideas on what has gone wrong?, I
> think I have narrowed
> it down to KDE, I don't think its X. (mid you I'll
> try a different
> windowmanager and see just to make sure)

Off the top of my head the only things I could
recommend are the things you are already trying, like
top, free and ps aux. If your machine had been left
on, I would be inclined to say one of your programs
has a memory leak, but as it's been fine before and
then this it's time slow, it's weird. Is your hard
disk thrashing? Did you do anything like upgrade some
packages or anything before you shut down last time?

A quick google only produces the following as a
possible candidate, but thats scratching around.

http://dot.kde.org/1075969434/1075999040/

Did you try a reboot to see if recurs? Thats a dumb
Windows type question but they're all pointers to what
isn't wrong.

I'll step aside and let someone be more helpful now ;)

Ad

=====
--

http://www.drinky.org.uk