[Wolves] Wolves uni q

Philip Moore ptm48 at uklinux.net
Mon Oct 18 14:11:04 BST 2004

Hi

Just completed a computing and AI degree and have now moved on to do an
MSc - in my experience there is no viable alternative to using Windows as
Windows architecture is (as far as I can tell) virtually universal.

If you wish to work at home and use the University networked installation
(as is practically unavoidable) you will need to use a Windows OS.  You
could always try Wine or Cross Office but there are limits (Ihave found
these to be a problem) due to the range and scope of the programs used at
Univeristies with many not supported.

Dual booting is a sensible option as there is a desktop link to your Windows
C drive.

Philip Moore