[Wolves] False advertising?

squire triG wolves at trig.org.uk
Tue Oct 19 11:15:18 BST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevanf1" <kevanf1 at gmail.com>
To: "Wolverhampton Linux User Group" <wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 11:05 AM
Subject: [Wolves] False advertising?

> Perhaps that's a little strong.  Maybe misleading advertising would be
> better.  A couple of months ago I bought a new modem - I know I'm
> still on dial up, can't afford BB.  I went to the Overclockers site in
> Stoke.  Saw a Creative internal modem at the right price.  It stated
> on the ad' that it was '100% hardware design'.  Ok, fine it should
> work with Linux then.  But it didn't!  After mucho head scratching and
> delving into the set up files I decided to try Creative's support team
> and ask them.  It's a bloody software modem - so not even a real modem
> at all.

Word of advice, ******* are pants!! Their owner **** knows nothing about
PC's.. They sell crap hardware and have only one person who knows what he is
doing there...

I lived 2 mins from them, and now about 10, thank god.. I went for a job and
they said 'you know nothing about PC's' HAHAHAHA thats so funny! So i went
to work for another company who compete against them..

I've covered out names and even the name of the company because google
searches this list and I don't wanna put my size 13s in it.. I will say this
tho have a look at *cough*
http://www.mnementh.co.uk/ocuk-website-screenie.jpg *cough*