[Wolves] Ubuntu trials

Jono Bacon jono at jonobacon.org
Fri Oct 29 12:14:35 BST 2004

sparkes wrote:

> squire triG wrote:
>
>> One question Ihave been asked about it (im already running it)
>>
>> Which version of Debian is it based on? Sarge?
>

> sid from July.
>
> The new dev version is apt-gettable now is based on sid now and is
> being updated at a rate of knots.  Note this is really unstable and
> definatly not recommended for production use.  The move to x.org alone
> is a cause for major potential headaches.

Incidentally, as for wireless cards, I use the Belkin 11MB PCI card that
uses the ADM8211 driver, and I posted a bug report to Ubuntu to get it
into the kernel. They have added it, so that card works. Oh, and the
Apple Airport card works too - shut it Ade!!

    Jono

--
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Writer / Journalist / Consultant / Developer