[Wolves] Return of LugRadio

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 18:02:24 BST 2004

 --- MatthewRevell.3247378 at bloglines.com wrote:

> Having had a few months off, what sort of thing
> would
> like to hear in the new LugRadio?

Well, I'm going to be helpful, even if I'm only
telling you what you are probably already considering.

You guys all seem to read a lot of Linux news and I
seem to read only rather uninteresting news, so a
rundown of whats going on in the Linux world at the mo
would be great.

Also, from a look at Planet Wolves, Jono and Aq seem
to be on about some interesting kernel debates, like
the PWC driver problem, the binary compatility problem
and Debian's module-assistant. More about these would
be interesting (to me at least).

Also (this one is open to your own opinion as it could
be either a) a total non-topic or b) hideously dull),
I notice a lot of people have been talking about how
web browsers are heading towards being a new
applications interface for web services and online
applications etc (or as far forward as the digital
home etc). This might very well be easier for
Microsoft as IE is so indellibly linked into the OS
and they have the whole .NET thing, which seems to be
it's reason for being.

Why not discuss where Mozilla/Firefox might fit in and
what they will have to do to be in the running when
this kind of thing starts to become reality. Or am I
talking arse? While I was writing this I came across
Jono's article on Web UI Interaction
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/4654

Hope I am being helpful... You know I'm a LR fan
anyway, so I'll listen whatever the case </brown
nosing...>

Ad

=====
--