[Wolves] Office space

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 21 15:07:54 BST 2004

On Tuesday 21 Sep 2004 14:48, The wise and knowledgeable Simon Burke
proclaimed:

> It was like that here at first until the infamous audit came up, we
> started making an inventory of everything and its checked at the
> discresion of those above at the momment anyway.

Hey, we've tried everything, signing for, locking away even hiding things! our
engineers can smell a new piece of kit 30 miles away. When a certain person
left our company a few weeks ago he made a cock up, he didn't empty the boot
of his car at home so got a big cardboard box dumped everything in it taped
it all up and at the last minute handed it in.

When we opened it on the Monday (he left on the Friday) it was like Christmas
four or five people (at different times) said "Bloody hell I wondered where
that went!"

Even when people can have things at cost or for free if they wait long enough
they'll still pinch things given half a chance. Our gaffer is really good
catch him in the right mood and if its not too expensive he'll let you have
it for free.

I've had monitors, laptops and goodnes knows what else.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is every excuse for not knowing!"
"But there is no excuse for not asking!"