[Wolves] Kernel 2.6 psmouse

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 17:58:24 BST 2004

 --- Stuart Langridge <sil at kryogenix.org> wrote:
> Adam Sweet wrote:

> > It's apparently to do with changes in the psmouse
> > code for kernel 2.6.

> Why not use the updated Synaptics driver? It seems
> to be packaged for Debian?

Oh, thats cool, I didn't know that. I saw this package
mentioned but it all looked a bit complicated compared
to just using the actual mouse buttons. Alas this is a
SuSE machine as Debian doesn't like my monitor (SuSE
complains but works) - I think my laptop TFT refuses
to offer any information about itself, the Debian X
packages don't know what to do and for the most part
they are more intellgent that I...

> > My solution would be
> > to pass this as a boot option in Lilo (or grub) or
> > at a boot prompt with the command
> >
> > linux psmouse.proto=bare

> That's the way, altthough I'd do it in the grub boot
> menu rather than
> typing it manually each time.

Great thanks. Just wanted to know if I was on the
right lines before I tell someone a half way there
method of doing things.

Thanks again,

Ad

=====