[Wolves] Bit Torrent is rubbish

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 16:40:18 BST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005 4:24 PM, Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
> I accept that, but only as a theory and as most worldly wise people know;
> 'what should work in theory very rarely works in practise'.

Accept it as true from someone who uses bit torrent regularly that
this most definately IS the case. Not conjecture, not theory, fact.

> Ooh, is that my problem then? do I have to add some in then?

No, search engines merely facilitiate the location of torrents, not
the downloading of the data itself.

> I'm using Broadband (so that should be quick) I'm using a Torrent so that

BZZZZT. "I'm using broadband (so that should be quick)". How on earth
does that compute? I have a fast car, doesn't mean I can get from here
to London in 10 minutes. There's other factors to take into account -
like - as I am tired of saying - how many other people have the file.

> should mean its even quicker, to be honest I was expecting to start Tuesday
> come in Wednesday morning and have it finished, as of right now its at 88.7%

A totally reasonable assumption. But the fact that nobody else is
sharing the l33t warez that you want .. oh I give up, you're not
listening anyway.