[Wolves] Bit Torrent is rubbish

Steve Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Fri Apr 1 21:29:46 BST 2005

On 1 Apr 2005, at 13:31, Peter Cannon wrote:

>> It's quicker yes if you can find an ftp site with the file and that
>> site isn't swamped with connections already.
>
> Rubbish, there are umpteen mirrors out there in 16 years I've never
> had an FTP
> connection refused due to too many connections.

your talking bollocks here PC,  I get refused connections all the time
using ftp.  Unless you have your client set up to hammer the server you
should regularly see refused ftp connections if anything they are
getting more and more regular as it's now possible for only one or two
connections to max out the bandwidth on cheaper servers.

I have personally maxed out the bandwidth of a couple of lugradio
mirrors who had been led to believe they where on much fatter pipes
than they are.  With millions of broadband users upped to 2mb recently
it doesn't take a genius to work out you need a massive pipe to serve
things like the warez you are downloading ;-)

sparkes