[Wolves] Re: Wolves Digest, Vol 80, Issue 10

David Goodwin dg at clocksoft.com
Mon Apr 4 11:40:53 BST 2005

> I used to get L U & D sent to me monthly for free :-)  Excellent
> magazine but slightly too technical for my poor brain.... at the time
> that is.  I only stopped getting it because I forgot to renew my
> subscription.  I wish I could remember how I got it free in the first
> place :-((((

I think Linux Format is better than LU&D... having said that Linux
Format's current issue has a crap article about mail servers - it
compares Courier, Postfix, Exim and Sendmail with one another commercial
one. Cyrus is mentioned, very briefly when the author says something
non-true about it (i think he said it uses mbox format, when it uses
maildir...).

How can you compare an IMAP server with ones that do only SMTP? Aren't
they supposed to fit together to form a solution....

David.

p.s I probably think it's a crap article as Postfix didn't do very well
ratings wise.

</rant>
--
David Goodwin