[Wolves] hardware question

Simon Burke simon.burke at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 16:17:18 BST 2005

Hi all,

I have recently upgraded one of my machines 'again' and something is
getting to me and i just need my mind settling.

The motherboard is an Abit Socket 754 (nforce3)
The processor is a sempron 2800+ s754.

754 is usually 64bit athlon isnt it? so does tha mean that this
sempron is 64 or 32 bit. Im confuesd with that, but that maybe because
im sleep deprived. I know that socket A are 32 bit, but isnt 754
64bit??

Also i have nvraid setup for my two 160Gb SATA disks that are also on
this. Though when i came to setup suse 9.2 (its the Mrs machine) it
didnt see the raid 1 volume i created in the raid setup on motherboard
but rather the two individual disks.

I need to flash the bios tonight, as abit only seem to have windows
app for doing this i have to make the disks at work.

--
Theres no place like ::1

Thanks,
SimonB