[Wolves] Macs, Linux et al

kev adams kev at magicmoon.co.uk
Fri Apr 8 22:42:52 BST 2005

On Friday 08 Apr 2005 18:06, chris procter wrote:
> So so far we know me, Kat, and sparkes all use apple
> hardware, I belive jono has a powerbook, any other
> takers?

Me too - got an iBook & very happy with it :~)

I'd try ubuntu on it but have nearly two years worth of use/setup etc. out of
it  (try that on a windows box & watch the stability Ha!) & couldn't be arsed
to re-install & begin again.  I really like OSX :-p  Sits happily on my Lan &
will talk to nearly anything.  In particular I really like the way I can plug
in new hardware & it mostly works straight away - very little if any set up
or new drivers!

Does anyone know if there's a reliable way of resizing OSX partitions without
data loss?  I would like to try Ubuntu on it if that was possible - the iBook
is my musical toy (albeit a very reliable one!) but for net access or real
work it's linux everytime :~)