Puppy (Was Re: [Wolves] List)

Katherine Goodwin kat at codepoets.co.uk
Wed Apr 13 13:59:15 BST 2005

Adam Sweet wrote :
> I was just about to point out that this is not a Dog
> Owner Group when I realised that the acronym for that
> is erm... DOG. So I decided to say that instead.

Since when did we stay on topic? :-)

> Have a steady supply of chewable dog toys available
> for the first few times Banger gets left alone in the
> house, particularly while he's young, as you might
> find he chews any viable alternatives, like your
> Powerbook etc ;) I know how you like to leave things
> all around your office.

Bob actually did that once.  I was upstairs, and bob, my laptop and our housemate were
downstairs. (Laptop charging, not in use)
I hear quite a big bang, and run downstairs to see what's wrong, to find a very scared and
confused looking dog. Our housemate said Bob wasn't near it when it went bang, but the
power cable was chewed, so he must have been at it before that.  Both dog and laptop were
ok (only new adaptor needed) so that was a relief, but it does happen.

I recommend canine spirit toys and accessories - pricey but good quality - if you're
looking for something safe for Banger to get his teeth into.

Kat
(I can talk for hours about our dogs - David would say its a shame I don't do the same int
he walkies department so I'll get in there first :-))