[Wolves] scanners

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 12:17:15 BST 2005

On 4/15/05, Rob Annable <rob.annable at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking for some advice on scanners. Need to get a new one and I want
> to make sure it'll do the business in Linux.
>
> Anybody got any recommendations?
>
> Rob
> --
> http://rob.annable.co.uk

Yes, forget Canon.  Some of the range are supported by Linux but it's
patchy.  My LiDE 50 still is not supported - the guy working on them
is in the process of writing a driver for it though.  But my main
reason for saying this is the response I got from Canon.  They simply
didn't want to know when I enquired about using my brand new LiDE 50
with Linux.

I may be wrong but I seem to remember hearing Epson had decent support.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street