[Wolves] scanners

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 14:40:59 BST 2005

--- Stuart Langridge <stuart.langridge at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 4/15/05, Rob Annable <rob.annable at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Looking for some advice on scanners. Need to get a
> new one and I want
> > to make sure it'll do the business in Linux.
> >
> > Anybody got any recommendations?
>
> I imagine you've already done this, but:

http://www.sane-project.org/sane-supported-devices.html

I believe HP scanners are normally well supported. As
for Canon, well I have a completely supported Canon
scanner, a CanoScan N650U, it was remarkably cheap and
although I used it with Debian before, I plugged it
into my Ubuntu box for the first time yesterday and it
worked straight out of the box and I did a photo scan
via XSane and the Gimp and the emailed the results for
my friend. Can't get easier then that.

Probably best to stick to a larger manufacturer and
choose a scanner that is listed as having a complete
driver.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk