[Wolves] Any Idea whats going on?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Fri Apr 22 17:02:41 BST 2005

On Friday 22 April 2005 15:04, Adam Sweet wrote:

> I think it might be part of lm-sensors if you
> installed that. Maybe it runs at boot and as a cron
> job.

Ah, I do have lm-sensors installed.

> >From the tutorial I found the following look most
>
> useful:
>
> A quick status check-
>
> # smartctl -H /dev/hda
>
> A quick test-
>
> smartctl -t short /dev/hda

Done this one, took about 20 seconds, it seemed OK I didn't get any clacksons
or alarm bells.

> Display the log-
>
> smartctl -l selftest /dev/hda

Oops, so thats how you see what it did.

> The output of those looks reasonable, post it here if
> you can't understand it.
>
> > Cheers for all the hard work you did in finding the
> > links for me, you've been
> > listening to those malicious lies uncle Sparkes
> > tells about me being lazy ;-)
>
> Never, I know theres an honest, decent, hard-working
> soul in inside that shiny dome of yours ;)

Grass don't grow on a busy street ;-)

> Sorry to be terse but I've just been given 5 minutes
> notice to collect my niece from chool and I have 1
> minute left to get there...

Why are you wasting quality time talking to me then? mind you your gonna need
more than a minute to find a 'chool' now if it was a School.... :-P

P.S. I'm sending this at 16:53 so you'll get it about 22.57 the way the list
is going :-(

--

Regards,
Peter Cannon.