[Wolves] Re: Wolves Digest, Vol 83, Issue 5

Dick Turpin highwayman.turpin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 21:10:55 BST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 18:38 +0100, Ade wrote:

> /me thinks that *if* you had a legit version of RHEL4, then you would
> have no problems. If you *dont* have one then why didnt you download
> Centos or White Box - then updates would be no problems
>
> </bald>

Ha ha! thow doth offend mine honour with thine scurrilous accusations!!

Tis an official download from his most royal majesties Red Hat website.
By royal warrant the noble bloodline of RHN permits me to bask in the
glory of the true faith of Red Hat Linux for 30 cycles of the sun.

I will be bereft of the favours of my lord and master up2date after the
given time. In the true spirit of "I ain't paying for it mush" I looked
at certain repositories to see if they had any update folders and low I
the golden ray of hope shone brightly.

As a devout worshipper of apt & synaptic  I sought to return to the
purity of Red Hat and use the facility available from RH 9.2 through to
FC3.

rpm -q yum insulted my faith by blowing the royal raspberry at me and
informing me "There's nobody here but us chickens" attempts to install
yum failed miserably (Python(ABI) not found) but apt galloped over the
horizon to my rescue.

I am typing this on my lovely up to date version of RHEL 4 running as
guest OS on Windows XP.

</your more bald than me!>

Oh, P.S. I've got White Box had it for some time now, the guy who runs
it is packing it in and going to work for one of the big boys (read it
on a news group the other week) as for Centos, yep I was going to look
at that but actually the answer is a lot simpler, everyone get ready to
yawn, its to do with LPI.

I've got these books:
LPIC1 Certification Bible, Exam Cram LPIC1, RHCE RH302, RHCT RH202.

Plus my lovely version 5 VMware

So it looks like I'm pretty serious :-)

--
Regards