[Wolves] Introducing myself

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 18:42:39 BST 2005

On 07/08/05, Steve Parkes <sparkes at westmids.biz> wrote:
 Then  I was also lucky enough to have a mate whos dad
> gave him far too much money for records and grabbed all the best hip hop
> on import that saved me a fortune and allowed me to spend my money on
> indie, along with a mate into rock we had the best selection of music in
> our street ;-)
>
> By the time the stourbridge thing came around we where in a pretty good
> place as one of my school teachers is the dad of one of the wonderstuff
> and a kid I played football with was related to a mighty lemon drop.  I
> had signed records met the bands and everything, just the sort of thing
> to drop in front of a young guy, show him lots of average looking guys
> with free beer and girls throwing themselves at them.
>
> I spent pretty much all of 1989-92 going to at least a gig a week,
> wicked time and I saw some shite that went on to be famous (blur cost £2
> to see and I resented the outlay) and some wicked bands that did
> nothing.  great times.
>
> sparkes

It's useful knowing people.  I was great friends with a guy by the
name of Tom Galey.  He came from Cannock and first of all part owned a
record stall on the old Cannock open market.  Now, anybody with a
smattering of musical history knowledge ought to be pricking their
ears up at the mention of that surname, Galey.  Tom was indeed the
older brother of Mel Galey (Whitesnake, Purple etc).  Tom broke of his
partnership with Fred of the said market stall and opened up a shop of
his own in Bridgtown.  Of course with his connections he used to get
some decent deals on vinyl.  I have a few rarities still
now...somewhere.  There is a special Motorhead clear green vinyl,
maybe not so rare but it was superbly cheap for me at the time.  I
also have a studio copy of a British Steel by Judas Priest.  There are
other singles and albums but I don't remember exactly what now.  At
the time I could have flogged them on and made quite a profit but I
never did.  It just felt wrong somehow.
--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer