[Wolves] Info for any of you that have TW Broardband

Re-LoaD reload at brum2600.net
Thu Aug 11 14:46:08 BST 2005

For those that don't know don't ask me...
No I'm not selling this but I do use it, so I thought other LUG members
might like the heads up. Going on passed expeiriance I hope this is taken
for information purposes only..

Re-

Telewest Broadband to continue breaking speed limits
10Mb service will lead new wave of faster cable access

We announced plans today to roll-out a series of speed upgrades from next
month, at no extra cost to our new and existing customers. Completion for
all customers is scheduled for early next year, with the following tiers on
offer:

blueyonder broadband

Currently 512Kbp/s (kilobits per second), the introductory service will
become 2Mbp/s (megabits per second), for the same price of £17.99 per month

blueyonder broadband complete

The standard 1Mb service will become a super-fast 4Mbp/s service, still at
£25 per month

blueyonder broadband elite

The current 2Mb and 4Mb options will be replaced by a flagship 10Mb service,
costing only £35 per month

When the downstream speed is increased, the upstream speed will also
increase. The upstream speed of the introductory broadband service (new 2Mb
service) will be 256k and for the broadband complete and elite services it
will be 384k.

All the tiers will remain free of usage limitations, following research*
showing consumers' confusion over bandwidth caps. We believe our unlimited
policy continues to give our customers peace of mind and the ability to get
the most out of rich media content.

There have been a few Internet Service Providers (ISPs) making a fuss about
2Mb services recently, but that often represents the maximum speed they can
offer at the moment. We're making 2Mb our minimum speed and we'll also be
offering a choice of affordable 4Mb and 10Mb services for more demanding
internet users

---
Hand Tested Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
Tested on: 11/08/2005 14:45:52