[Wolves] Fstab mount prob

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 18:54:20 BST 2005

--- Wayne Morris <wayne at machx.co.uk> wrote:

> I've had a problem for a while with permissions on a
> hard drive mounted
> thru fstab into my web directory.
> Although fully readable/writable by all users from
> command line etc, it
> gives 403 for web viewing.
> I remembered later that the problem started after I
> removed a line from
> fstab when I took out another drive from the system.
>
> Can anyone see anything wrong with this fstab
> # This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man
> fstab-sync' for details
> /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /
> ext3    defaults        1 1
> LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3
>    defaults        1 2
> none                    /dev/pts
> devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
> none                    /dev/shm
> tmpfs   defaults        0 0
> none                    /proc                   proc
>    defaults        0 0
> none                    /sys
> sysfs   defaults        0 0
> /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 /swap
> swap
> defaults        0 0
> /dev/hdb1         /var/www/html/machx/html/80gbdrive
>    ext2
> defaults    1 2

What are the permissions on
/var/www/html/machx/html/80gbdrive? What user does
Apache run as and what groups is it in? Does the
apache user (apache under Fedora I think) or it's
group have read rights on the mount point? Are you
using virtual hosts? Borked virtual hosts often
produce such errors.

Just some thoughts to start off with...

Ad

--