[Wolves] New website discussion

Stuart Langridge stuart.langridge at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 10:58:36 BST 2005

> The join bit should say [Join our user group]
>
> 1. Novices might not know the word LUG

Hm. I see your theory, but I cannot for the life of me imagine how you
could have got as far as the Wolves LUG page without knowing what a
LUG is.

> 2. The link should take you to a page that sets out what membership to a
> mailing list entails and also netiquette, you can pinch my page if you like
> it should be from there you actualy join.
>
> http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk/etiquette.html

Nope. Subscribing ought to be easy. I agree that there should be some
netiquette notes, but I think that they should be in the mail you get
*after you subscribe*. What does "what membership to a mailing list
entails" mean? As far as I'm aware "membership to a mailing list"
entails "receiving mails in your inbox". :)

> 3. Spartan frontend is good nobody like waiting three days for a page to load
> but it looks a little sparse I know its rough copy.

Sparseness was a key point here; stripped down thing which says "this
is where and when we're meeting". Everything else belongs on the wiki,
I think.

sil