[Wolves] New website discussion

chris procter chris-procter at talk21.com
Thu Aug 18 14:24:51 BST 2005

> Why? How can it be a bad thing to click "Join" and
> have it join you to
> the mailing list? They've asked to join, and they've
> clicked "Submit".
> The whole point here is that there is not a very
> well defined notion
> of "joining the LUG".

Firstly, I think you need some text saying something
like "WolvesLUG is centered around a mailing list,
fortnightly meetups, and anything else we fancy doing,
discussing linux, technology, and life in general (but
not always in that order)..." it seems like a small
pain for the gain of making sure people know what
we're talking about.

Secondly would it be a good idea to have a link to the
mailing list archives somewhere obvious so that
prospective new users can see what they're getting
themselves into (in terms of volume, technical level
etc)? or will that just scare them off?

Thirdly, with Firefox on linux (SLES9) the textfields
of the "join" box are wider then the black border that
I assume is meant to contain them.

chris (whose thinking in lists today)