[Wolves] scratched dvd and multiple searchs

roundyz roundyz at hotpop.com
Mon Aug 22 15:43:08 BST 2005

> The scratch is say a chourd joining from 0 degress to
> 90 degress.  In the smaller segment you have few other
> small scratchs.

I don't understand what you are saying. The cd/dvd reads fromt he inside to
the outside, if the scratch gos in this direction then your gonna have
problems, if it goes in any other way then you might be in luck.

> But the wierd thing about the big scratch i that it
> has no texture.  Normally you can feel the scratch.
> And when you play the dvd the computer things its not
> there.
> So what, i should rub some toothpaste on it.  Is this
> tried and testing?  I and on the case.

use a little toothpaste on a cotton bud. Has to be the white toothpaste not
the stripy or fresh blue one. Then rub it on lightly in a circular motion
over the scratch. Until the scratch has disapeared.

then when you put in it in your computer, make sure you mount it using the
correct filesystem UDF, joliet or rockridge. Whatever it is copy it to your
hd hen make a duplicate copy.

It might be your last hope.

good luck mate, and may the force be with you!!
--
Thanks,
Matt

-=contact=-