[Wolves] bluetooth maturity

David Morley davmor2 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 22 23:19:40 BST 2005

My Wife has just been given a laptop by her work (for her work
unfortunately).  What I would like to know is the current bluetooth set up
in linux powerful enough for her to share my internet connection and would
it be easily set up?  I can set up the hci-tools to register my pda so I
know roughly what to do.  She is running Windows Xp (so would samba need to
be configured) but I might get rid of it and put something decent like
Ubuntu on if her work would allow it.  The laptop is an IBM Thinkpad R50e it
is quite old so it has no built in wireless or bluetooth only a modem,  so I
thought it would be cheaper just to get a usb bluetooth dongle than a
wireless router and card but don't know if it is feasable.