[Wolves] Revitalising the LUG

David Goodwin dg at clocksoft.com
Wed Aug 24 12:58:41 BST 2005

<snip>

> Doesn't solve the problem that people do other stuff at weekends,
> though, which is a generic problem with Friday and Saturday...

Indeed. (See my earlier posting)

> That sounds to me like an accusation that newer, purer, more decent
> members have tried to make changes but the old guard are stopping them
> from making the LUG better. That's an Inner Circle accusation.

Well, a cynic might say that if "the old guard" don't turn up to a
meeting, no one else does. Is this just because the LUG is dead without
"the old guard", or was it just a coincidence of timing ?

> Jono's original mail was about revitalising the LUG; is moving to a
> different location or a different night going to do that? Or will we
> have very similar kinds of LUG meetings but with a slightly different
> cast of people? Maybe that would be enough: inject some new blood,
> annoy some different people because now they can't make it and
> un-annoy those who can't make it right now. I'm not clear that it will
> significantly change things, though; the discussion, I felt, was wider
> than just "which night should the LUG be on?" and "should it be in a
> curry house or not?"

I think we need/ought to have :

- somewhere to sit
- some sort of refreshments/drinks/food if it's to be in the evening,
(for some people the meeting is near enough straight after work/commuting)
- a larger room than present

Would it be possible to do an "SBLug" - in that have a meeting in one
place, and move to another for drink/food/curry or what ever? Would this
work? Is it something to only consider if there are formal organised talks?

How about alternating the days - e.g. the first meeting of the month is
on a wednesday, the second is on a non-wednesday?

this discussion seems to be getting boring. why don't we have a dictator?

--
David Goodwin
w: http://www.clocksoft.co.uk
e: david.goodwin at clocksoft.com