[Wolves] Revitalising the LUG

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 22:12:17 BST 2005

It would appear that we have two different areas of debate.  One being
the 'net' face of the LUG the other being a physical get together of
LUG members.  Ok, the web face, I'm not too bothered about.  Perhaps I
should be, sorry, I'm not.  I feel that this, the list itself is more
important for me  but this is purely a persoanl thing.  Now, the
physical meet.  Why not ask why some LUG members 'don't' attend
meetings?  Then work from that instead of guessing and possibly
causing argument.  Ok, I'll do it.

To those members of the LUG who do not attend the bi-weekly meeting
(or do so rarely) why is this?

Is it inconvenient for you?

Is it perhaps the venue itself?

Is it the time (day/hour)?

Or, do you plain not like crowds?

My reason for not attending is because the one time I did come to a
meeting I felt uncomfortable.  It wasn't just a first meeting shyness
thing (I've held presentations in front of 400+ people before now)
more like an feeling of being an outsider because I wasn't eating a
curry.  Strange?  Maybe.  That's how I felt.  I also felt rather
claustrophobic so god alone knows how I would have felt if there had
been a bigger turn out...

So, now over to the other members who rarely attend meetings.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street