[Wolves] Pinched from a thread in uk.legal

Stephen Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Thu Aug 25 17:03:22 BST 2005

Wayne Morris wrote:
> which i thought was amusing - a guy asks about his rights to a
> reasonable interview , given he has Aspergers:
>

> Random Observer wrote:
>
>> How will it affect my employability (honest answer)? I think if
>> employers are prejudiced against a disability, they can spin the
>> outcome of your (subjective) interviews however they want to justify
>> rejecting you.

illegal and immoral and companies who do this will eventully find
themselves in court just like all the ones with all male all white
workforces have.

And let's face it, a football team for example isn't
>> going to employ a quadriplegic regardless of whether rejecting him will
>> be discriminatory or not.

It's not discriminatory not to hire a quadraplegic in a football team as
the disability effects the ability to do the job.

More realistically, no company is going to
>> want to hire someone who won't get along with other employees.

100% illegal under new disability legislation not to hire someone if
they won't get along with other employee's if their disabillity is the
reason for communication problems.

> You could train to be a Linux/Unix administrator.
>

> hehe

I don't find it at all funny.  Imagine if it got back to you that you
didn't get the job because you are Welsh.

sparkes