[Wolves] New website discussion

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 26 00:29:49 BST 2005

Peter Oliver wrote:

> I consider "Birmingham" as being short for "Birmingham and the Black
> Country".  I don't think Wolverhampton has a big enough user base to
> sustain its own metro at this stage;

It doesn't have to. I've joined both but without the subdivisions people
can't be selective if they want somewhere they can crawl home from.

I've just noticed that Digbeth Sanctuary has become a Barfly. I'd say
The Sunflower Lounge is the place to be for you young folks to be
tomorrow night though.

> I'm not even sure that Birmingham does, and if you start subdividing
> to that level, what happens to, say, Dudley?  Plus, we now have
> Wolverhampton venues spread across two metros.

I thought the definition you posted said "a city with an airport".
That's the metropolis of Wolves surely? Birmingham is currently the most
active metro in the UK so it can afford to be trimmed down a bit. I
think 'The Black Country' with Wolverhampton as its capital would have
been the best solution for this area but as things stand - is Dudley
closer to Brum or Wolves? Does anything ever happen there (apart from
Mo's Linux exhibition in the library?)

Woo