[Wolves] Re: Suse http.conf

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Fri Aug 26 13:57:48 BST 2005

On Friday 26 August 2005 13:26, you wrote:

> OK, puzzled. The Apache index.php that you altered doesn't seem to be
> in that search! Was it called index.php?

Oh, now you mention it, thats strange? its in /htdocs

All I did was add < This site may be down for maintenance > after the ? in
Seeing this instead using Kate.

The path to the Xoops installation script
is /srv/www/htdocs/centrosales/html/install

All you should have to do is from a browser localhost/namedfolder/html/install
theres no need to put index.php, then a gui installer appears

The line above might be the iffy bit I know my Webmaster told http to point to
the centrosales folder the Apache files are in /htdocs now I'm not sure if
doing /localhost should point to /htdocs or the /centrosales folder I don't
think its centrosales as there is only three other folders in there no index
files.

I've done this with Xoops and Mambo seven or eight times now (twice at work)
and its worked every time. However the machines have only had network
connection to the net they have not been full blown Web Servers.

I had a Mambo site running but the HDD failed so I thought it was a good
chance to change to Xoops as it seems better. the only thing I'm doing
differant is plonking the three folders /docs /html /extras in
the /centrosales rather than /xoops-2_1.2.2

That should not make any difference

--
Regards
Peter Cannon