[Wolves] nvu

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 20:07:52 BST 2005

On 29/08/05, baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 23:36 +0100, Andy Wootton wrote:
> > baza wrote:
> >
> > >Does anyone know if it's possible to provoke nvu into talking to my home
> > >web server via my lan? I can get it to ftp to 192.*.*.2, my server, but
> > >not get it to reach /var/www/
> > >
> > >Baza
> > >
> > It works on Win 98. Have you tried the "file://" prefix?
> >
> > Woo
> >

> Yep, but no joy :(
>
> Baza

WIth the limited information you've given it sounds like a permissions
issue on /var/www/ on the remote machine. Does the user you ftp with
have rights to write to that location? A simple test would be to ssh
to the box in question with the same username/password as you use for
ftp and do

$ cd /var/www
$ touch testfile

If it fails to create a testfile then that may be your issue. It may
mean that you need to ftp in with a more authoritative user (such as
root) or maybe you need to change the permissions on the files in
/var/www ? There are other options, but those are just two.

Cheers,
Al.