[Wolves] Samba in an Active Directories environment

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 15:55:08 GMT 2005

On 01/12/05, Ian Harper <idharper at gmail.com> wrote:
> ok situation is now I have had to change server to Windoze 2003 :((
>
> I have wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g working - but not showing Domain (have
> logged it on samba mailing list)
>
> progressing very slowly at the moment.
>
> Thanks for your help in getting this far.

Hi Ian,

good news about wbinfo! What do you mean "not got the domain showing"?

Do you mean the username isn't prefixed with the domain name i.e.
joe.bloggs rather than DOMAIN\joe.bloggs?

If so that is configured with .....

use default domain = yes

....in smb.conf

Thanks

--
~sm
Jabber: mozrat at gmail.com
www: http://beerandspeech.org

DISCLAIMER: Reading the following URL may make you boggle:
http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/list.html
No animals were harmed in the making of this email